As a family-owned, New Zealand company, being fair and responsible with our employees, partners, customers, and other businesses is incredibly important to us and something we’re constantly re-evaluating and improving.
As a business exporting to over 50 countries worldwide, we have a number of certifications covering export compliance, security, trade relations, and specific customer assurance programmes, these include the following:
- Sustainability Initiatives - International Organisation for Standardization (ISO) 14001, Certified Emissions Measurement And Reduction Scheme (CEMARS), Sustainable Winegrowers New Zealand, BioGro
- Customer Assurance Programmes - such as British Retail Consortium (BRC) and TESCO
- Quality Assurance – ISO 9001, Wine Standards Management Plan, ISO 17025
Many of these programmes cover and specifically address health and safety, staff welfare, and employment and corporate social responsibility.
In addition, Villa Maria are members of the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) and partner with various Government Authorities and Local Council initiatives.
Our additional company policies include:
- Our Business Ethics Policy governs the way our staff engage with and represents the wider business, please email for more information.
- Our Ethical Trading Statement confirms our commitment to and alignment with global fair trading standards.