What we're doing
As a family-owned company looking after our people and our community is embedded in who we are. The people who contribute to our success are looked after whether they are with us for a season or longer. We support our communities so they share our prosperity and thrive for future generations.
- We believe we have a responsibility for everyone who works at Villa Maria, whether they are directly employed or not and we work with providers who share our standards and values. For our seasonal workers, migrant labour is sourced through Recognised Seasonal Employers and NZ Master contractors members.
- Young people are our future, we like to help them on their pathway to employment. We host study visits from local high schools to overseas universities, engaging students in topics such as viticulture, sustainability, quality assurance and innovation.
- All of our packaging suppliers are located within 22 km of our Auckland bottling plant, this is one way we encourage a thriving local economy, supporting skilled jobs for our community.
- We sponsor Westpac Business Awards and the Ernst and Young's Entrepreneur of the Year award to encourage startup businesses and facilitate local business growth.
- Our recycling initiatives provide funding to social enterprises, schools and charities such as the bottle tops we provide to Fairhall School in Blenheim and our Auckland e-Waste and Batteries going to Abilities.