It looks like you're using an out-dated browser.
We no longer support Internet Explorer.

For a safer, faster and better experience on the web, please update to a modern browser and try again.

Microsoft Edge Google Chrome Firefox
View all wines
White
VillaMaria PS Organic SauvignonBlanc NV

Platinum Selection

Organic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

This textural expression of Sauvignon Blanc with a more complex profile than the usual Marlborough style. This wine is aged on yeast lees to build palate weight and a creamy texture into the wine. The intense lime and grapefruit flavours are balanced with taut acidity and subtle hints of smokey mineral tones on the finish.

$24.99

  • We only ship to New Zealand addresses from this online store. To find our wine near you please go to or our stockists page.
Tasting Notes

A key focus of Villa Maria is to be environmentally responsible and to operate using sustainable practices in order to protect the land for future generations, therefore Biogro certified organic farming techniques were used to produce this wine.

This textural expression of Sauvignon Blanc with a more complex profile than the usual Marlborough style. This wine is aged on yeast lees to build palate weight and a creamy texture into the wine. The
intense lime and grapefruit flavours are balanced with taut acidity and subtle hints of smokey mineral tones on the finish.

Download full tasting notes: 2019

Food Pairing

Pairs well with any seafood but is also suitable for vegetarian and vegan cuisine.

Vineyards and Winemaking

72% of the Sauvignon Blanc came from the cooler windier Awatere Valley with the remaining 28% from the warmer stony vineyard sites in the Wairau Valley. Harvesting Sauvignon Blanc in cool night temperatures helps protect the aromatics, the resulting clear juice is fermented with textural yeast
strains with 70% in older seasoned oak barriques and puncheons, the balance in stainless steel tanks. The wine was matured on its yeast lees for 6 months to build palate weight and complexity.

To enter our site you must be of legal drinking age in your country.

Please enter your date of birth:

Awatere Valley

Join the
Villa Maria family

Receive information on new release wines, updates from
our winemaking team, and access to special offers and events.